Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Introduction

I'm sure I will be the only one to read my own writing for awhile so this will be more of a hobby until something comes along. I plan to use this blog as a place to publish my reviews and thoughts on film since this is a more public forum and maybe I can get more exposure eventually through this rather than on myspace.

Starting very soon, I plan to post a personal top 100 films of all time - now granted I am not so egotistical to think that this is the be all, end all list that should be adhered to by cinemaphiles everywhere - this is a list that are my personal top films that have shaped, influenced and inspired me my whole life (from a wee tyke till last week - if there was such a movie last week). Everyone loves lists - I am not different. I always like to read the top ten and bottom ten of each year by critics - and in my humble opinion, I will also post one of these lists.

Everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. A movie I love, someone else could hate and vice versa. That is the whole point of taste, guilty pleasures and the art form we call film. A gem to someone could be a turd to someone else. So I encourage people to see as many films as they can - to help support this medium and its auteurs.

My ratings will be on a four star scale with half stars given (no five star with half stars). I will try my best not to be hypocritical and keep the reviews informational/educational while also entertaining. I will not insert quipy one-liners just for the sake of it (ahem, Bill Muller of the Arizona Republic).

Keep in mind that these will be just one person's opinion. I do not pretend to know everything but, since a college counselor once told me I had enough film classes to qualify for a Masters in film, I do know a little.

So, with this in mind, let us go forth. Reviews will be interspersed with thoughts and lengthy admiration for each of my top 100 (have to get the list in order from 1 to 100 and then rewatch them to get a recent refreshing and recharging so this may take awhile). Enjoy reading because I know I'll enjoy writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home